I Must Confess My Dark Secret...

I have a confession.  A Dark confession. I hate the title of this blog.  Hate it!  And besides that, I don't like it. I keep thinking I'm confusing myself with a dance studio.  So I have decided to change the name of this blog.

Now, in my opinion, one of the most annoying things anyone can do is change their blog's URL.  But if you change your blog's name, and not your blog's URL, you sink in the search engine rankings.  At least that's what I hear.  I don't want to sink in the search engine rankings more than I need to.  So I'm going to change both the name of my blog and my blog's URL address.  In short, I'm fixing to get a whole new blog.

The new blog can be found here. It's already up and running.

The name of the new blog is "Sunstone's Cafe".  Yeah, I suck at names.  But I still think "Sunstone's Cafe" is a less confusing name than "Cafe of the Cosmic Dance".

I apologize for the inconvenience this change may have caused you.  To make it up to you a little bit, I plan on never again changing my blog URL or name.  So please update your blogrolls with the new title and location in full confidence that, barring a catastrophe, you won't have to update them again.  Ever.

Sunstone's Cafe.

9 comments:

  1. I agree -- the name sucks. I love the new name -- good choice. See ya there mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any idea how valuable it is to know someone like you, Sabio, who can be counted on to speak his mind? Damn, but it's good to see you!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I suck at names.

    Hey, all the good ones are already taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your old name. It was solid and reliable. What was it by the way. Seriously, I've had a brain injury in the past month and I can't remember things, but I agree this name sucks. It's not you. It was a fleeting mood. It explains why you haven't posted. I love your new name. Solid, reliable and unmistakable. Totally memorable, even for the brain injured. I'm going right over and changing you on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very perceptive, Querulous. I never did like posting under that name. Now, I feel much better about it.

      Thank you for updating your blogroll. That means quite a bit to me.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a dancer, so it never seemed confusing to me. But if it makes you feel better, then do what you must. I always have plenty else to be confused about, anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. The band "Steely Dan" thought it would be real funny to name themselves after a dildo in a novel that they'd read. But after they'd become famous and couldn't change it, Walter Becker said the joke had gotten stale.

    Could be worse; you could have named your blog "Decrepit Old Fool". I have an excuse though. I was literally recovering from a severe head injury when I named that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of fond of "Decrepit Old Fool" as a blog name, George.

      Delete

Comments Welcome -- but no flaming. If you wish, you can email me at paul_sunstone@q.com