Coffee and Dreams

I bounced out of bed this morning, strode into the kitchen, drank some water, glanced at the empty coffee pot and shrugged.  Today, would be coffee free.  I could feel it: After months of trying to cut back, I no longer needed coffee to survive.

And that's when I realized I was still asleep and dreaming.  I mean, even by the fantastic standards of a dream, the idea that one does not need coffee is outrageous, impossible, beyond consideration.  One might as well say one does not need air, or water, or food, or chocolate.

So have you woken up from any dreams lately because they were just too implausible, too ridiculous, or too something else?  If so, do tell!

8 comments:

  1. :: sips enormous mug of coffee ::

    Did you really think you could give up something so tightly entwined with your very being? Pass the cream, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scared the hell out of me,when I read about your dream of not drinking coffee.I just love coffee,and now I'm afraid of going to sleep ever again,afraid that I could possibly dream the same.Luckily I've got a lot of coffee to help me stay awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ahab: I know! What could I have been thinking!

    @ Pjevs: LMAO!!! You and Ahab just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dream of events so absorbing and significant that I realize regretfully, upon waking, that real life could never have been involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wild. I've actually been trying to give up coffee. Quitting cigarettes was easier and that took me 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelie! You're giving up coffee? Don't do it! You're too young! You have a whole lifetime ahead of you! The tragedy of it would be insufferable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sledpress, waking up from dreams like that give me very mixed feelings too! I confess, I've been known to go back to bed, hoping to continue the dream for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome -- but no flaming. If you wish, you can email me at paul_sunstone@q.com